Sunday, October 16, 2011

Brain Crash


Ah...so here I am trying to comfort myself at 4.43 in the morning! It's been many months that my DVD-rom gone mad and doesn't want to read any CD's or DVD's inserted. Almost opt to go and buy new DVD reader but somehow it never happens.

And now I'm trying my best to solve it on my own. Was hoping that it has to do with the installation or crash with the Windows XP auto update. Cause this would means that it IS possible to revive it to its former function. But...But...why the toot are the tutorials seems so alien to me? Every words are so hard for my brain to digest. Ugh! Too much terms! *throw tables away and mumbles at some corner alone*


As you can see above, that's what I see when I clicked "My Computer". Dunno why there's two of it when back then it has always been one. That's a mystery that's still uncovered till now. Dunno if that has anything to do to why my DVD reader is not working. Ahh~


And when I right click to My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > DVD/CD-ROM drives, that's what I see. Again...with two things below. Ugh! I think SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) is something like a connection to connect to the computer. But knowing this still doesn't helps to solve anything. *Insert another "ahh"*

As for the GMA thing...I think it's my DVD-ROM series or something liddat. I think. Am not sure bout this one. Huhuhu...

UPDATE:

It's a cup half full! I managed to make my DVD-rom read CD's! *dancing around the room like a boss*


See? It can read CD! *Continues dancing around the room* However I must regret to say that this is the best that I can do. Tried every way I can think of and experiment those stated on the internet. Hmm...at least now it can read CD. Which leaves to few possibilities...

One, I need to clean the "eye" for the DVD. Two, I lost some DVD software. Three, maybe it's really dying somehow. The first two give hopes huh? Will try when I have enough money to buy the disk cleaner. The second option would be harder to do though. Mahhh...nevermind. Will see when the time comes. I don't see any problem with it not functioning as I'm not needing its service at the moment. Hehe. Wish my dvd-rom luck ya~ *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment