Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Le Dermatologist Visit


After procrastinating for quite some time, here I am, happy to say that I managed to bring myself to a dermatologist. Been wanting to go but somehow I kept coming up with million excuses to myself. Till I was back from my Bandung trip with Dreamie that I decided not to prolong the idea. Basically my skin was bad enough with several acne bumps and super oily the entire time I was in Bandung.

Of course, le skin wasn't that oily by the time I reached Jakarta...However, a bad skin is bad skin!

Have to do something about it or my worst nightmare will haunt me. Deep pitted scars! NOOOO!! In fact I have several of them already. Seriously you'd never want them as they are pretty visible without make up and even more visible after base make up (foundation, etc). So to those who haven't have any of them, I'd suggest you to treat you skin with care from now on! Prevention is better than cure~

Planned to go to Royal Progress at first. But the doctor that I read from a forum only available at night and certain days...So it's like a hassle for someone like me who don't have exact "off from work" time...

From there I heard from bro that his GF went to this dermatologist located pretty near to where I stay. "Can consider the place la" That's what I thought.

Sounds convincing la from what I heard...

Searched the dermatologist name on Google but my attempt was almost a futile. There's only one post about her...hahaha! Worst it was years ago. So yeah decided to post about her here on my blog. Hope that it'll help you guys out there who's living nearby and needed to see a dermatologist.

APOTIK PLASMA
Dr. Magdalena Mardiono. Sp.KK
(Dermatologist)
Jl. Kelapa Hybrida Raya QK 1/9, Jakarta Utara,
(Somewhere across Jakarta Taipei School)
Telp. (021) 4525 163


At first glance the place reminds me of the clinics in PJ (Malaysia). To my surprise, they don't have registration place for you to take numbers and queue. So basically you and other patient have to have a good amount of conscience...hahaha.

I came pretty early coz bro scared me that the place is packed and that the doctor only stays there for a good few hours. According to bro I was lucky enough to be the 1st patient. We're the first person who reached the clinic at 6 something...

The doctor arrived at around 7 something. I suggested for you to bring your earphones, book or whatever time consuming to keep you occupied.

Upon entering the room, doctor will asked about your concern. Then she lead you to the bed where she examined your face. For me is face la coz I need her to save my face's skin condition. Right after she's done examining, I directly asked her not to give me acne shots coz I have zero pain tolerance. HAHAHA!

According to her the injection will make my huge acne gone faster. However I have 2 reasons on why I won't opt for injections. First, I am afraid of pain! HAHAHAHA...Secondly, I don't really mind having acnes on my face. Just as long as it won't leave me with deep pitted scars then I am more than happy already. Red scars and such is nothing to me. So yeah...

She ended up giving me these...


1. SKINESSE SOFT WASH FOR ACNE AND OILY SKIN
(Smells so GOOD! Is that you witch hazel? Cons: SLS and methylparaben)
2. ACNE CREAM
3. MORNING LOTION??
(PINK LIQUID w/ CHALKY POWDERY TEXTURE)
4. NIGHT CREAM
5. EVALEN
6. INTERDOXIN 50 (Antibiotics)
7. RELIV (Vit B supplements? Ingredients HERE)

(Only use when prescribed by professionals ok! Don't play with your face~)

Seriously I'd prefer topical creams over medicines. But only realized that the doctor added them onto my list by the time I retrieve them from the pharmacists...So see how it goes in one months time. Doesn't look like there's anything harmful so still ok. Though I'm still kinda skeptical about the cleanser coz it contain methylparaben. The main ingredient that made me stop using Cetaphil. Hmm...we'll see how it goes...Perhaps I'd ask if I can skip the cleanser next...hehehe.

Total damage? Doesn't know the exact number for each items. But both the consulation fee and medicines costs IDR 685k in total.

That's all for now...I'll update after a month! Good skin come to mama! Tee-hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment